Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shokolade: Food of the Gods

Well, if you haven't heard, this week sucked.

Actually, I'm doing a lot better than I thought, but just like always, you think you have life somewhat figured out and then you get smacked in the back of the head with Rafiki's stick. And it leaves a pretty tender goose-egg, and the dizzying effects linger for awhile.

So that's where I'm at.

I'm ready to move on. To be strong and make decisions. I just don't know what those decisions will be or where they'll take me.

Being a girl + Rafiki's stick + no letter for almost 4 weeks + midterms
 = a very unusually emotionally unstable Karli.

Luckily, God gave us this amazing gift called chocolate.

I admit, I'm a bit of a chocolate snob. Hershey's milk chocolate and M&Ms just don't cut it for me ( I mean, I'll eat them, but they're no Ritters). Do you want to know what I've eaten in the last 3 days? Well, it all started Wednesday night when I ate an entire Ghirardelli dark chocolate and raspberry bar. I usually eat those slowly, nibbling on it every few days to make it last. Nope. Not this time. That baby was gone in one night pretty much. Since then, I've been snacking on raspberry and white chocolate Hershey's kisses and a bag of special Dove chocolate from last May. Thursday night, I sat down and watched a movie while eating a bowl of raspberry ice cream with chocolate syrup (apparently I like raspberries with chocolate...) and then watched Les Miserables: 20th Anniversary rerun last night and cried. To finish the week off today, we went to an Italian market where I spent way too much money on two expensive, fancy chocolate bars and a bag of chocolate-covered cocoa beans, and then I ate a Belgian waffle with two dark chocolate bars baked into it with raspberries and creme fresca on top (there's those raspberries again). I also sampled a piece of pistachio chocolate (the piece itself was worth $2) and citrus/rosemary chocolate which was surprisingly delightful.

You can imagine all the endorphins rushing through my system right now. Life is great I tell you! Ha. And if anybody or anything starts to make me feel differently, I've got this to keep me happy.

Clockwise starting with the box:
Belgian dark chocolate, cocoa-dusted truffles
Dark chocolate-covered cocoa beans
Hershey's raspberry and white chocolate hugs
Special bag of Dove chocolate from last May (don't worry, there are only a few pieces left)
Hawaiian dark chocolate with macadamian nuts
Blood orange caramel bar (hibiscus flowers, blood orange caramel, dark chocolate
Amalfi Bar (lemon zest, pink peppercorns, white chocolate, cocoa butter)
German Ritters milk chocolate with hazelnuts 
Now that's what I call a chocolate stash. :)




Disclaimer: I am fully aware that chocolate offers no long-lasting happiness. I do not place faith in chocolate. I am not ignoring life by putting myself into a chocolate coma (although chocolate coma does sound heavenly :) ). I'm ready to face my decisions. I'm getting a priesthood blessing tomorrow from two wonderful gentlemen in my choir. I've got great friends, mentors, professors, and family that believe in me. And I'm ready for Heavenly Father to guide my next steps.

2 comments:

  1. You are the womanliest. But really. And so wise. It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great Karli, and like you said you have great friends, family and your Heavenly Father who are there for you and believe in you. Love ya

    ReplyDelete