Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Favorites: The Skimm

If you're like me, you hate feeling ignorant.

I like knowing what's going on and having informed opinions about the world.

But also, if you're like me, you don't have time for more than skeptically glancing at the articles your more in-the-know Facebook friends share in an attempt to sway the world at large to their side of the issue.

Let's face it - life is busy! And as much as I wish I could sit down with 4 different biased newspapers as I nibble my morning toast and weed out the extremism until I find what I think might be close to the truth, I just don't have time for that! I've got a toddler for Pete's sake, and I work full-time.

Enter the Skimm.

I've been converted.

The Skimm is an awesome news resource that sends you a little blurb every weekday, filling you in on current events. And the best part? It takes less than 5 minutes! I've been so impressed with how unbiased and easy to understand it is. Their mission is to provide their readers with the facts so that readers can then make their own informed decisions.

And with presidential elections coming up, they have a great feature called Skimm Your Candidate. It's basically a little Q&A with the announced presidential candidates, and I'm already feeling so much more informed. I've been surprised to find myself agreeing on certain topics with candidates I thought I hated and vic versa. Already, I can see the candidates more as real people and get a feel for their priorities. I HIGHLY recommend it.

So check it out! Click here or on the icon on the right to enter your email!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Just checked it out... that is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually sounds pretty cool! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete