Sunday, July 31, 2011

"I'm thankful for..."

In the past few weeks, my wonderful roommates and I have started a tradition of praying together each night and then taking turns talking about one thing we were grateful for during the day. We're not perfect and miss a few nights, but I love the fact that we are willing to bear each others' burdens and help each other to improve daily. It's been such a blessing in my life since we started it.


Sometimes our prayers and thankimonies are simple like, "I'm thankful for my family or for children or for education or for letters or for phone-calls, etc." Other times, we've sat and embraced each other in tears until the Holy Ghost can bring peace to the one we're holding. But every night is special and reminds me of all the things there are to be thankful for in my life.


Tonight I was thankful for tender mercies, specifically this one that happened to be floating around on Facebook right when I needed it most.


I am trying. And I am ok. And I am doing a good job.


Heavenly Father is proud of me. I can keep doing what I'm doing. And I'm ok because He makes it ok. I don't know everything, and sometimes things are really confusing, but I don't need to worry about it.


Words can't even express how much I love and miss President Gordon B. Hinckley. Hearing his voice again...I miss him. I can't believe he's already been gone for 3 years. What an incredible giant of a man he was.


So yes, I'm thankful for Prophets and the little occurrences that help me remember that the Lord is aware of me.

1 comment:

  1. love me some josh groban. 10,000 bonus points to your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete