Monday, November 21, 2016

Bumpdate: Week 33

33 weeks

I've had multiple friends point out that I've been horrible at posting bumpdates this pregnancy. I'll go awhile without seeing someone, and their first words are something along the lines of "Wow! I didn't realize how big you'd gotten!"

18 weeks

And since we're nearing the end, I might as well post an update, right? I mean, if this baby comes around the time Annie did (which is what we're hoping for, or earlier), we've only got 5ish weeks left. WUT.

18 weeks

Overall, this pregnancy has been much, MUCH more pleasant and easy-going than Annie's. I think a lot of that just has to do with being in a better place mentally and physically. Just more prepared for the most part, though now that we're nearing the end, my typical response to "How are you feeling?" is simply "squished and sore." But what pregnant lady isn't by this point?

Lovin' on Baby Bwudo

Alrighty then.

Due date
  • Back to January 6th. I personally feel like the 2nd is more accurate, and that we'll probably have a baby before even then, but I'm not the medical professional so...

Weeks
  • 33! (Annie was born at 38w+4)

Cravings
  • Still just sweet, tasty deliciousness. Fruity stuff. Sugary stuff. Ice creamy stuff. I'm doing my best to keep it reasonable, and I passed my glucose test so I'm not too worried. My favorite treat these days is a Dove dark chocolate and raspberry sorbet bar. Mmmmmmmm.

22 weeks
22 weeks

Weight gain
  • 33ish pounds. Which feels absolutely huge to me. With Annie, I gained 30 total. I know it's healthy and everything, but my body and joints don't handle it very well.


Sex
  • This is old news, but it's a boy! Annie's pretty stinkin' excited about having a "baby bwudo" around to love on and squish. Who am I kidding - we're all pretty stinkin' excited! 
Look at his cute little face!!!


Nicknames
  • Still Blueb. Or just Baby Boy. Or Little One. 

28 weeks - 3rd Trimester!

Maternity clothes
  • Rocking them. Or leggings or pajama pants or Tucker's basketball shorts. I scored a dress, a pair of pants, 2 pairs of shorts, and like 4 shirts from Ross one day in addition to what I had left over from Annie. But these days, pretty much everything is uncomfortable.



Aches and pains
  • Yup. SPD (symphysis pubis dysfuction) and SJD (sacro-illiac joint dysfunction) are my demons right now. If you don't know what that means, essentially my pelvis over-reacts to the hormone Relaxin (helps prepare the uterus and cervix for labor) and my pubic bone and either side of my sacrum start separating. It makes it hard to walk and hard to sleep and pretty much hopeless getting from sitting to standing by myself, especially if I'm sitting on a hard, flat surface because my hips will spread out of position and make it so my legs can't support any weight. The only cure is giving birth. So in the meantime, I wear my belly band and waddle like a drunken goose. It's actually pretty hysterical, especially for onlookers. In fact, I was at Costco yesterday and slipped as I stepped sideways, causing my pubic bone to pop and me to almost fall straight into the splits on the floor. Luckily, I had the Finding Dory display to cling to as I slowly got my legs back under me. So that was fun. And while we're on the subject, anyone know how to get ahold of a temporary handicapped parking tag?

Almost 30 weeks (29w+5)

Dr. appointments
  • Everything has been going really well. Doctor is planning on him coming early, around the same time as Annie, but his main concern is getting me to the hospital in time, seeing as my labor with Annie only lasted 2 hours. I'm measuring right on, and there's nothing to worry about. With my last pregnancy, my Dr. only did ultrasounds at the first appt. and at the 20 week anatomy scan. But with this one, we've had 3 ultrasounds so far (the first time they tried to do the anatomy scan, they scheduled it too early, so we got lots of pictures and got to come back a few weeks later and see him again!), and Dr. wants to do one more in a couple weeks to check size and position (he was breech at the last ultrasound). Not complaining because we sure love seeing that cute little boy wiggle around in there!

Annie had a baby up her shirt too :)

Names
  • THIS IS GIVING ME SO MUCH ANXIETY! Tucker and I don't agree on many baby names, especially boy names. Tucker likes very traditional names, even better if there's a biblical influence. I love old names that haven't been used in awhile, bonus if there's a literary tie-in. We've got a couple that one of us really likes and the other is just ok with, but nothing that we're like "Yes! This is his name!" So I'm stressing out about it. Suggestions are more than welcome! We're also thinking of using Tucker's middle name, Christian, as baby boy's middle name.

32 weeks and feeling HUGE!
Looking forward to
  • Getting this baby here. And family pictures. And Thanksgiving with family. And my baby shower. And Christmas with family. And Layton and Liberty's wedding. And finding out whether Tucker will be hired full-time next semester or where he'll continue his part-time student-teaching. So many wonderful things right now! 

33 weeks!





post signature

4 comments:

  1. I want your floral dress!!!!! I love it! Where did you get it? You look so beautiful and your bump is perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got it from Agnes & Dora when they were having a sale. They have some beautiful dresses and clothes!

      Delete
  2. You look adorable ad radiant! I love these updates! And I love you guys! Also I think I'm stealing your blog idea to share about my pregnancy with my family and friends if you don't care. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete