Wednesday, April 20, 2011

10 things about me you probably don't care about knowing...

I got tagged, so here's my list. Thanks for the distraction from studying for my last final, Emma ;)

1. What did you do ten years ago?
Hmmm. I was finishing third grade at Franklin West Elementary with my least favorite teacher, Miss Barbour. I was in the gym (as in gymnastics) probably 12 hours a week- that was before the hard-core. I went on a trip to Sea World with my newly-wed, 19 yr. old aunt/big sister. I'd recently moved. New house, new ward, new friends, with the looming prospects of a new school in the fall. I probably had also just switch piano teachers (again) to a teacher that taught strictly piano, not voice as well. I'd been baptized for almost a year, I finally had my own room, and my 3rd little brother was born. Oh! and I had curly hair. First time getting a perm, and I loved it. And so did everyone else. In fact, everyone thought it was natural. Thinking of doing it again...

2. What were you doing one year ago?
I was doing my best not to explode from sheer joy and excitement at the thought of going to Prom that weekend in my dream dress with my dream date. I was giddy....just a little ;)

3. 5 snacks you love?
Ummm.....Well, chips are my addictive weakness (especially Salt & Vinegar and Tostito's Hint of Lime) but maybe not my favorite, chocolate, ice cream!, cookies, and smoothies.


4. 5 songs you know all the words to?
Oh gosh...this list is never-ending. uh...how about...Home from Beauty and the Beast, Lucky- Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, I Remember When the Earth Stopped Turning, Allerseelen- Richard Strauss, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.....Pirates Who Don't Do Anything- Veggie Tales. Eclectic enough for you?


5. 5 things you would do with a million bucks?
Finish college, build my dream white Southern plantation house complete with wrap-around porch and a rose garden, compile my own library, travel, and adopt 2 kids from Africa (that last one has been a plan of mine for as long as I can remember, way back when I was living in Miami, Florida and wanted only Black baby dolls...who knows if it'll actually happen...we'll see...)


6. 5 bad habits?
not going to sleep at a decent hour, taking 45-minute steaming hot showers, biting my nails, wasting time in general when I should be studying, going to work late (it's not a big deal, and going early would just mean more sitting around and doing nothing waiting for the delivery guys to bring me more paper-work. My shift supposedly starts and 9, I get there between 9:10 and 9:30, and no one cares even the slightest)


7. 5 things I like to do?
How 'bout I choose ones you wouldn't expect from me (like singing, drawing, hanging out with friends, etc.). Painting nails (mostly other people's), cooking (when I have the time), playing in the rain, writing in my journal (religiously, every night), and wrestling/mortal combat- you kinda HAVE to know how with 4 younger brothers...


8. 5 things you would never dress in or buy?
oh boy....uh...depends on what mood I'm in :) I've done the emo/goth rock star, tomboy, Miss America, frills...We're going to assume this is for every-day attire, not for costumes or shows or anything. Ok, so now that I am not 3 years old and have a choice in how I dress, I would NEVER wear bloomers. YUCK. bane of my toddler existence. Unfortunately, all my pretty dresses from Grandma came with bloomers... Ok, so bloomers, any sort of Lady Gaga costume, mini-skirts, moon-boots, and the costume they had me wear for the opening of Junior Miss last year. Bleh!


9. 5 favorite toys?
From my childhood or today? I'm going with childhood because that's more fun. Barbies. I was big on those. Not so much the pink and the dress-ups, but the playing out elaborate stories. Also, all my Disney characters. I had them all organized into families. It was awesome. Stuffed animals. Sometimes they were my only true friends in the cruel, unfair world of a toddler. My toy kitchen. Loved that thing. And probably my bike and/or scooter.


10. 5 people I tag?
umm....I hate tagging people, so just do it if you want to.

4 comments:

  1. If you get a perm, I will. Just did my hair, and wished it was already mostly curly.
    And who borrowed that red dress?
    Loving David Archuleta. Love the play list. Normally I hate them, but yours is different somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like to paint other peoples nails you can paint mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Perm party? Do it! These are all things I love and miss about you. Are you sure you want to go for summer term? I have a room waiting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I transferred schools in third grade because I would have had Ms. Barbour :) I'm sorry you got stuck with her.
    I feel like we sort of grew up together, minus the whole interacting thing. That is unfortunate. But I love your blog.
    Also, I bite my nails too.
    Oh, and have you tried the Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips? I gain like ten pounds every time I buy a bag because I can't stop eating them. But they're so good and you need to try them.

    ReplyDelete